What to expect from a career in real estate…
Running Your Own Business
Though you will be affiliated with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, you will be an independent sales associate – running your own business, developing your own client relationships and maintaining your own schedule.
Building a Book of Business
Sustaining success as an independent sales associate will be based on your ability to build your book of business – clients who you work with and who refer you to their friends and family. At Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, there is an incredible amount of resources designed to help you build and maintain your clientele, including a company-provided, agent-branded website integrated with a full-featured client relationship management (CRM) system.
What are the steps to becoming a licensed real estate salesperson?
In Georgia, in order to obtain a real estate sales license, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have high school diploma or GED
- Complete and PASS a 75-hour pre-license course with a score of at least 75%
- Take and PASS the state licensing examination with a score of at least 75%
- Obtain a criminal history report not more than 60 days prior to application to activate license
- Complete the GREC (Georgia Real Estate Commission) application for licensure
- Obtain a “Sponsoring Broker form” signed by an authorized broker/managing broker or broker/owner and present at the time of licensing
- Pay a licensing fee to activate license
- Have a signed and notarized Lawful Presence Affidavit; and be a resident of Georgia, unless seeking a non-resident license.
When you are ready to activate your real estate license, contact us to learn more about the advantages of affiliating with Coldwell Banker.